Who Can Submit?
- Any undergraduate student enrolled in a Canadian university may submit an original article to be considered for publication in the Laurier Undergraduate Journal of the Arts, provided he or she owns the copyright to the work being submitted. Authors are the initial owners of the copyrights to their works.
General Submission Rules
- Submitted articles cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). Please note: “publication” in a working-paper series does not constitute prior publication. In addition, by submitting material to Laurier Undergraduate Journal of the Arts, the author is stipulating that the material is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that he or she will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at Laurier Undergraduate Journal of the Arts. If you have concerns about the submission terms for Laurier Undergraduate Journal of the Arts, please email: email@example.com.
- Laurier Undergraduate Journal of the Arts has no general rules about the formatting of articles upon initial submission. Files should be submitted in one of the following formats: Microsoft Word, Word Perfect, Rich Text Format, or PDF.
Rights for Authors and Laurier Undergraduate Journal of the Arts
As further described in our Submission Agreement, in consideration for publication of the article, the authors assign to Laurier Undergraduate Journal of the Arts all copyright in the article, subject to the expansive personal-use exceptions described below.
- Attribution and Usage Policies
- Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the article or any material therein, in any medium as permitted by a personal-use exemption or by written agreement of Laurier Undergraduate Journal of the Arts, requires credit to Laurier Undergraduate Journal of the Arts as copyright holder.
- Personal-use Exceptions
- The following uses are always permitted to the author(s) and do not require further permission from Laurier Undergraduate Journal of the Arts provided the author does not alter the format or content of the articles, including the copyright notification:
- Storage and back-up of the article on the author's computer(s) and digital media (e.g., diskettes, back-up servers, Zip disks, etc.), provided that the article stored on these computers and media is not readily accessible by persons other than the author(s);
- Posting of the article on the author(s) personal website, provided that the website is non-commercial;
- Posting of the article on the internet as part of a non-commercial open access institutional repository or other non-commercial open access publication site affiliated with the author(s)'s place of employment or study (e.g., a Phrenology professor at the University of Southern North Dakota can have her article appear in the University of Southern North Dakota's Department of Phrenology online publication series); and
- Posting of the article on a non-commercial course website for a course being taught by the author at the university or college employing the author.
- People seeking an exception, or who have questions about use, should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
- Users of the Laurier Undergraduate Journal of the Arts website and/or software agree not to misuse the Laurier Undergraduate Journal of the Arts service or software in any way.
- The failure of Laurier Undergraduate Journal of the Arts to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between Laurier Undergraduate Journal of the Arts and the Author(s) regarding submission of the Article.