Submission Guidelines for Theses and Dissertations (Comprehensive)
How to Submit a PaperBefore submitting your work to Scholars Commons at Laurier, please ensure all requirements have been met as outlined by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies. Please note that submitting a paper copy is no longer required.
To submit your electronic thesis or dissertation (ETD), follow the steps below:
- Log into Scholars Commons by clicking “My Account” at the top left corner on the navigation bar. From here you can create an account if you do not already have one. It is recommended you use your Laurier email address. Once you have successfully created an account, you will receive an email confirmation.
- Once you’re logged in, click ‘Submit Thesis or Dissertation’ on the left sidebar, under Author’s Corner
- This takes you to the submission form. Mandatory fields are marked ‘required’, but filling as many fields as possible is recommended. You can enter up to six keywords to optimize indexing and discoverability of your work. Important keywords or phrases in your thesis or dissertation that don’t appear in the abstract or title would be useful in this section. Although an abstract is not a mandatory field, please include it if you have one. Students must not upload their dissertation until the final document has been approved by their supervisor and all paperwork (oral examination report/graduate candidate record and four addition forms) have been sent to FGPS.
- Finally, upload your file to Scholars Commons. A PDF file is recommended. Click submit.
- At this time, your submission will await approval by the Scholars Commons administrators. To ensure immediate posting of your work, please ensure the appropriate paperwork has been submitted according to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
- Once your work has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email with the URL for your thesis or dissertation.