History of the Lutheran Theological Seminary in Saskatoon
With this issue of Consensus, the editors have focussed on the history of the Lutheran Theological Seminary in Saskatoon, which began in 1913 in Spruce Grove, AB, and moved to Saskatooon, SK in the Winter of 1915. Besides exploring the beginnings of one of Lutheran Theological Seminary’s predecessor schools, the Lutheran College and Seminary, this volume also focusses on some of the pastors of the Evangelical Synod of Manitoba and the Northwest Territories who shaped and formed this Western Canadian Lutheran seminary. The relationships between the Anglican and Lutheran Churches in Canada in Eastern Canada, and the Lutheran Church - Canada and the other Lutheran bodies in Western Canada that led to the sharing of a seminary in Saskatoon for a brief period of time, are also highlighted. These articles are helpful reminders that there has never really been a time when the church has not faced struggles and challenges as it seeks to be a viable witness and presence in the Canadian context.
The Beginnings of Lutheran Theological Seminary Saskatoon
Gordon A. Jensen
Planetary Loves: Spivak, Postcoloniality, and Theology
Alan Ka Lun Lai