Aims & Scope
The focus of Consensus is public theology understood in a broad sense. The contents are of interest to Canadian Lutherans and others both in Canada and around the world. The ELCIC is a full communion partner of the Anglican Church of Canada. Moreover, students at our seminaries come from a wide diversity of religious (and non-religious) backgrounds. As a result, Consensus publishes material that covers a wide array of subject matter and is addressed to a wide constituency.
In addition to in-depth articles, Consensus contains sermons, book reviews, and research.
Call for Papers for Special Issue – Reformation: Then, Now and Onward
Editors-in-chief: Gordon Jensen and Mary Philip; Associate editor: Greg Sennema
The editors of Consensus are excited to announce a special issue entitled “Reformation: Then, Now and Onward.” 2017 marks the 500th anniversary of the Reformation. While this calls for celebration and remembrance, it is of decisive importance that we look at it critically for its contemporary relevance. The Reformation was not just a western phenomenon. Its impact was far and wide and continues to influence theology and cultures worldwide.
We seek contributions from scholars from around the world on any topic related to the theme, including but not limited to:
- Environment and ecology
- Politics and government
- Interfaith or multicultural influences
- Reformation theology/history
- Contemporary issues including terrorism, trafficking, immigration
- Intersection of aboriginal and post-colonial narratives
- What does and would reformation look like for women? Is reformation a helpful terminology for women?
- Relevance of reformation for LGBTQI
- Gender justice
- Spiritual care practices
- Culture and the arts
- Educational praxes and pedagogies
Please contact the editors with any of your ideas or questions.
- firstname.lastname@example.org | 306-966-7866
- email@example.com | 519-884-0710 x3576
- firstname.lastname@example.org | 519-884-0710 x3096
The deadline for submission is May 31, 2017. Please send your submissions as an MS Word attachment to Mary Philip (Joy). Submission rules and requirements are outlined on href="http://scholars.wlu.ca/consensus/policies.html"