Aims & Scope
The focus of Consensus is public theology understood in a broad sense. The contents are of interest to Canadian Lutherans and others both in Canada and around the world. The ELCIC is a full communion partner of the Anglican Church of Canada. Moreover, students at our seminaries come from a wide diversity of religious (and non-religious) backgrounds. As a result, Consensus publishes material that covers a wide array of subject matter and is addressed to a wide constituency.
In addition to in-depth articles, Consensus contains sermons, book reviews, and research.
Call for Papers for Special Issue - Seeing Through the Eyes of the Other
Guest Editors: Brice Balmer, Bob Chodos, Nancy Kelly, and Sarah Shafiq
This issue will be edited by a committee of Interfaith Grand River and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary faculty.
Consensus is excited to announce a special issue entitled Seeing Through the Eyes of the Other. This issue will explore how individuals and/or groups gain perspective and change attitudes and understandings as a result of relationships with people of other faiths and belief systems.
For this issue, we welcome your submissions. Topics may include, but are not restricted to:
- Inter-connection and inter-religious learning and collaboration
- Interfaith response to community issues and concerns
- Negotiating politics as one encounters differing faiths
- Integrating experiences with people or texts from other faiths into one's own perspectives and understandings
- Finding common ethical stances and working together
- Inter-religious harmony and involvements
- (519) 884-0710 x3927
The deadline for submission is March 1, 2018. Please send your submissions as an MS Word attachment to Brice Balmer. Please review the Submission rules and requirements